The StreamYard backstage allows organizers to quickly access advanced video production features for their events through the event dashboard.
To get started,
- Go to the Event Dashboard > Venue > Stage
- Make sure the Stream Provider is set to "Hopin"
- Under Broadcast Studio, select the option titled "Hopin Backstage, powered by StreamYard". Note that selecting the StreamYard Backstage creates a new backstage link for the event and if you were already using the Hopin backstage link, it will no longer be accessible.
- Click the ‘View StreamYard Backstage’ button. This will direct you to the new backstage where you will be required to allow access to your mic and camera.
Note: You do not need a StreamYard account in order to use this backstage
- The next step is to check your camera and microphone.
- You can also make use of the Mute and Stop Cam buttons as you wish to enable/disable your camera and microphone before entering the studio.
- You can go on to explore the settings option by clicking on the Cam/Mic button on the right. This option will display a pop-up which allows you to set up your camera, audio and virtual background.
- Camera: select your camera and resolution.
- Audio: select your microphone and speaker.
- Virtual background: set up virtual backgrounds for your event. Note that enabling the green screen feature uses more computer resources than other features.
- Select your display name and enter the broadcast studio
How to use the StreamYard Broadcast Studio
Once you enter the StreamYard Broadcast Studio, you are met with the picture below:
- Clicking on the StreamYard/Hopin logo takes you to the reception page of the event.
- This is where your stream will be shown on the backstage and how it will look on the main stage. You can choose different video layouts as listed in the options below.
- Your video card will be shown at this portion of the backstage. You need to click on the video card here to add the video to the main stream in number 2.
- This gives you options for turning on/off your mic/cam, sharing your screen or a video file on your computer, copying the broadcast studio link and returning to the main event.
- On the tab at the right side, you're able to use the chat area, add banners to the stream, choose from branding options, access the private chat area and access the settings page of the broadcast studio.
- This allows you to access the chat area of the broadcast studio. All chats from the broadcast studio are automatically transferred to the main stage of the event. You can also show comments on the main stream by clicking on the comment on the broadcast studio.
- Click the Go Live button to begin broadcasting to the main stage of the event. Note that there will be a 10-second delay to the stage. To stop the broadcast, simply click the Stop Broadcast button.