Here are the steps for presenting slides on the Backstage
- Open your presentation in a new tab.
- In the Backstage, click the Screenshare icon and choose how you would like to share:
- Your Entire Screen
- Application Window
- Chrome Tab (sharing a Chrome Tab supports sharing slides with sound)
Tip: If you are using Windows, it possible to share audio from both the entire screen or a Chrome tab. If you are using Mac, it is only possible to share audio from a Chrome tab by checking the box.
- Click Screen sharing icon at the bottom of the page
- Switch to Chrome Tab on the popup window and choose the required browser tab
- Check the Share audio box
- Click Share to start sharing
E.g. Sharing a Google Slides presentation or playing a video in a browser tab with sound can be supported on the latest version of Google Chrome browser.
Note: Firefox browser doesn’t support sharing a tab with Sound yet.
3. Select the tab or application with your presentation. If possible, set up a separate monitor to be able to view the event chat and your slides.
If you’re sharing a presentation on a Chrome tab instead of an application window, copy the URL of the presentation, open them in a new Chrome window.
Back on Hopin, select the new Chrome window when sharing your screen. Then position both windows side by side.
Tip: If you'd like to see your notes while presenting, click on Present -> Presenter view in your Google Slides; then a "Presenter view" pop up window will appear which will allow you to see your speaker notes.
Note: Make sure to exit full-screen mode on your Chrome or Firefox browser and PowerPoint when sharing the screen. If not, the PowerPoint will not appear in the list of applications due to full-screen mode limitations on Mac.
4. Present from the Backstage, so you can toggle between Backstage chat and Event chat.
Please mind that all Stage segments are automatically recorded! The recordings will be available to the event Organizers once the event is over.
Note: Screen sharing option is limited to one person at a time and will be greyed out for the other speakers/presenters until the person stops sharing their screen. If you have 4 speakers for a session, and one of them decides to share their screen, the Screenshare will be counted as the 5th person.
In case you don't have an option to choose content for screen sharing on macOS: please make sure to allow the browser permissions to access the Screen Recording.
- Open the System preferences
- Navigate to Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Check the box next to the browser you are using
Tip: can click on the webcam icon to turn off the webcam and make sure the slides cover the entire screen.
Check our Powerpoint tutorial for more tips on screen sharing your content.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.