Using Simulcast to restream your event from Hopin to another location is a simple process. Follow the steps below to get it set up!
- You can Simulcast to one location only.
- The stream you are simulcasting to must be live before you start your broadcast in the Hopin studio.
- We also recommend scheduling going live on another platform, not doing it right at the time you're about to go live.
- You cannot use this with an incoming RTMP stream.
- The words "Stream" and "Server" are the same. Each website may use different terminology, but "URL" and "Key" will stay the same.
- This is limited to the Stage only.
How do I set up Simulcast?
Go to the dashboard of the event you want to send to another location. Then, go to Venue > "Stage" or "Stages" (depending on your plan).
From there, select the Broadcast Studio and choose Hopin Backstage. Upon choosing Hoin Backstage, the Simulcast fields will appear for your to fill in.
At this point, you can name the stream if you choose, but it's not required. What is required are the Stream Key and URLs from the location you are streaming to. Once that information has been filled in, be sure to go live on the location before you start your broadcast in the Hopin studio.
Where can I Simulcast to?
Simulcast Targets can be used for any platform that supports the RTMP or RTMPS protocol, which includes, but isn't limited to:
- Facebook Live
- YouTube Live
- JW Live Channels* (*see the bottom of this article)
- LinkedIn. Please note that our process has changed, you no longer need to submit an application form to become a LinkedIn Live broadcaster. Please visit this page for more information
- Instagram cannot be done as they don't allow 3rd party live streaming. Once they do, then our answer will change!
Do you have an example of what it looks like on Facebook?
Of course! You will hit "Live Video" from your Facebook Page. From there, click "Use Stream Key". Grab the Stream Key and Server (Stream) URL and individually paste it into the correct location in Hopin's Simulcast area.
Don't forget, we recommend that you schedule the live video. This can be done on the lefthand side of Facebook.