Organizers can use Slido to improve interaction with their attendees through the Q&A, polling, and survey functionalities.
What are the capabilities of the Slido integration?
Slido can be added to the side panel across different event areas such as stages, sessions, expo booths, reception etc. The integration will allow to display any Slido polls, Q&As, and surveys to event attendees. Different Slido URLs can be linked across the event in different sections.
Tip: You can also create polls directly on Hopin.
How do I set up the Slido integration?
- Create your Slido event and set up polls or Q&A sessions on your Slido account.
You will need to install the Slido app to your Hopin Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
You can find Slido under the Polls & Surveys category, or you can follow this link to go directly to the page. Click Install app to add the Slido app to your Organization.
- Copy the 'Event link' from the Slido that you'd like to use (Event Dashboard > Venue > Stage/Session//Expo).
- Navigate to the specific stage or session in your event dashboard that you'd like to add Slido to.
- Paste that event link into the 'Slido URL' field in your stage, session or expo booth, and hit the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- You can also rename the Slido tab to anything you wish. For example, you can rename it to AMA (Ask Me Anything) or anything relating to the event.
- Use the Preview button at the top right of your event dashboard to navigate to the event. Find the stage or session that you added Slido to, and you'll see a Slido tab in the right-hand panel.
Note: When an attendee within your Hopin event answers a poll question, a "participant" is used within Slido. To better understand participant limits in Slido please click here.
How can I see the Slido responses and results?
You can access all of your reports directly through your Slido account as long as you are on the correct paid plan. For more information on downloading Slido data, check out this article.
How do I remove the Slido integration?
You can either remove the Slido URL from the specific event area (make sure you hit Save on that particular page), or you can disable the Slido integration altogether from the Integrations page.
Slido SSO doesn't work with Hopin
If Google SSO or SAML SSO is turned on on your Slido account your Slido links will not work in Hopin and you will get the following error: "sso.grab.com refuse to connect."
To get Slido working with the SSO enabled, make sure to keep the privacy settings as Basic for Slido