Miro is a digital whiteboard tool that makes it easy to communicate and collaborate with others remotely. Common uses for Miro include:
- Creating lists of focus topics
- Outlining a product roadmap
- Developing customer/user journeys
- Collaborative note-taking
Users can now add a Miro board to any Session or Expo booth in Hopin.
How do I set up the Miro app?
- To get started, you will need to install the Miro app to your Hopin Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
- You can find Miro under the Collaboration category, or you can follow this link to go directly to the page. Click Install app to add the Miro app to your Organization.
- In a live event, go to a Session or an Expo booth (where the Content Provider is 'Session'), and choose to 'Share Audio and Video':
- Use the screen share button and select 'Miro Whiteboard'
- Assuming you're not already signed into Miro, you'll be asked to sign in or sign up:
- You'll then be prompted to choose a Miro board to share:
- Choose a board and then you'll be asked who should be able to access the board:
- And voila! You're ready to collaborate!
Note: Only one session participant at the time can share Miro, the other participants will see a greyed out Screen Share icon as shown below.
Also note that when screen sharing Miro in a session it doesn't count towards the participants limit. So if, for example, you have a limit of 5 participants for your session, you can still have 5 live participants as well as the Miro screen share on screen.
Turning off the Miro integration
To turn off the Miro integration, simply click on the screen share icon again, and choose 'Stop sharing'. You can also disable Miro for your organization through the Integrations tab where it was originally enabled.