Recordings of your Stage and Session segments will automatically appear in the Recordings tab of the event dashboard after the event is over.
1. To access your event recordings, go to your Event Dashboard > Recordings.
2. If you don't have any main recordings, you will need to click on rehearsal recordings or backup event recordings to browse the available event recordings.
3. To download the recording click the download button in the corner of each recording.
4. You can also click on the title to rename each recording.
5. You can also click the bin icon if you would like to Delete Recording.
6. Click Delete to permanently delete your recording.
7. Hover a recording and click the Play button to view the recording.
8. Here, you can also click the Trim icon to edit your recording.
9. Slide the Published toggle to make the recording available for attendees to view in the Replay tab of your event.
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
Access your Event Reports by going to the Events page in your Organizer Dashboard.
Click directly on the event to enter the Event Dashboard.
Select the Recordings tab on the left sidebar to get access to your Stage and Session recordings. Here, you will see them organised via the Stages and Sessions you recorded within your event.
Use the tabs at the top to look for recordings on each day of your event, or choose between viewing your Stage recordings or your Session recordings.
If it seems like there are not any recordings available, or perhaps you can't see the recordings you are looking for, click on the links to view your backup event recordings or rehearsal recordings.
- Rehearsal recordings - any recordings made before your event was live
- Backup event recordings - any additional recordings made during the live event
When searching through your backup and rehearsal recordings, you can choose which Stage/Session to search for, as well as the days on which the recordings were made. You can also click Back to primary recordings to access your other folders.
Edit or delete recordings
Click the Download button to download your video recordings as .mp4 files. You also have the option to rename each recording (maximum 300 characters) by clicking on the name of each one, or delete a recording by clicking on the trash can icon.
With Firefox, it will open up the video. Right-click on the screen and select Save Video As to complete the download.
Are there any limitations?
Currently, there are some limitations to what will be recorded within your event. The following features will not be included in your available recordings:
- Streaming using RTMP to a Session
- Mirroring from a Session or Stage using RTMP
- Shared YouTube videos
Additionally, you have to have the recording set to "on" for the entirety of the segment for it to be recorded. If you turn it "on" half way through the segment, none of it will be recorded.
- It takes a minimum of 1/3 of the recording length time in order for a recording to appear in the recording library. For example, if a recording was 60 minutes, organizers can expect to see it in the recording library in roughly 20 minutes. However, it can take up to 24 hours for your recordings to become available.
- Organizers can choose which session and stage recordings to make available to attendees inside a new event area called Replay. After that, event attendees will be able to filter (according to segment and dates) and watch any content they missed or would like to watch again, right from the event hosted on Hopin.
- For each recording Hopin creates, two backup/fallback copies will also be created to ensure the recordings are correctly made and provided to organizers. There should be no visible difference between the main and fallback recordings.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.