The Stage is what attendees see during an event, while the Backstage is a private video chat that allows Speakers and Organizers to rehearse before going live in front of attendees.
Every Hopin Stage has an associated Backstage. The Backstage is accessed via a private link in your event dashboard. Only organizers have access to this link and it’s the link you’ll be sharing with your speakers or anyone you want to have on-screen via the Stage.
Check out our Backstage tutorial for more information on the Backstage.
To access your Backstage
- Sign in and go to your event dashboard
- In Overview, you’ll see a section labelled "Event Links" where you can click View links to view the different links related to your event.
- A pop-up will appear where you can toggle to the Hopin studio tab, select which stage you require the link for, and copy it. You can then paste the link into your address bar or share it with other team members.
- You can also go directly to the Backstage link by clicking on Venue in the event dashboard. Click on Stage or Stages (depending on your plan) and you will see all of your Stages listed. Clicking on Backstage will take you directly to the Backstage link.
- You can also click on Edit to make changes or add additional information to your Stage.
- From this page, you can also enter your Hopin or Streamyard Backstage by clicking the respective View Backstage button, or copy the link.
- The Backstage is only for the Stage, NOT the Sessions or Expo areas.
- You must be logged in and registered for the event for the Backstage link to work. If you are not registered, you will be redirected to the registration page. This applies to the event Organizers as well.
- If an event Organizer has not yet previewed their event, they will be redirected to the registration page when trying to access backstage.
Check out our guide on how to use the backstage controls.