Create an organizer account
When you first sign up for Hopin, you will create an attendee account. An attendee account is what you use to attend events hosted on Hopin, and what is available the first time you log in. To host events, you will need to add an organization to your account.
To create an organization on Hopin:
- Sign in to Hopin and open Your Account page.
- From the menu on the left, select the + New organization option.
- Fill out the information about your organization.
- Click the Create organization button to finish.
Once your organization is created, you can access it from the left sidebar by clicking on the newly created Organization. By default, all newly created organizations are subscribed to the Free Plan. An organization can have one subscription at a time.
To create your first event, navigate to your organization and you will notice a Create Event option in the top right corner of the page. You can also learn how to Create Your First Event on Hopin.
Every organizer can create and access events at any time, even on the Free Plan. At the moment, the Free Plan is limited to hosting events with up to 100 attendees per month and with events lasting up to 2hrs. For events larger than 100 people in a month/longer than 2hrs, a paid subscription is required.
An organization can have one subscription at a time. The following subscriptions are currently available:
- Starter Monthly plan - $99/organizer/month + applicable taxes, and includes 100 tickets per organizer. Any number over 100 is $0.50 cents per registration. If you charge for tickets, Hopin’s platform fee is 7%, not including Stripe fees.
- Starter Annual plan - $999/organizer/year + applicable taxes, and includes the same features/fees that our monthly plan has listed above. The key difference is the annual plan allows organizers to pay for the whole year upfront -- and at a discounted rate!
- Growth Monthly plan - $799/month + applicable taxes, and includes 5 organizer seats and 100 tickets. With $99 per month per Organizer, you get 100 additional registrations - for any organizers not included in the initial 5 seats. Any number over 100 is $2 per registration. If you charge for tickets, Hopin’s platform fee is 4%, not including Stripe fees.
- Growth Annual plan - $8000/year + applicable taxes, and includes 5 organizer seats and 1200 tickets. With $999 per year per Organizer, you get 1200 additional registrations - for any organizers not included in the initial 5 seats. Any number over 1200 is $2 per registration.
- Advanced plans - Ideal for events larger than 1,000 attendees. These plans include features such as custom branding, more detailed reporting, magic link invites for easy registration and other features that help make the event setup process simple for organizers. For more information, reach out here!
To manage your subscription, select your organization and navigate to the Billing tab.
At this time only Starter and Growth plans are able to be subscribed to via the Billing tab.
Selling tickets. Connect your Stripe Merchant account
In order to create paid tickets for your event, you should connect (or sign up for) a Stripe Merchant account.
Note: Stripe is the only billing platform supported on Hopin at the moment.
An organization can have a single Stripe Merchant account connected. If you have multiple organizations, each should be connected to a separate Stripe Merchant account.
To connect your Stripe Merchant account, head to the Billing page of your Organization account. Then locate the Stripe integration:
Follow the on-screen instructions to establish a connection and upon completion, you can begin defining paid tickets for your event.
Your ticket sales revenue is deposited into your Stripe account 3-7 days after the sale occurs.
Hopin does not cover Stripe’s payment processing fee.
To issue refunds for tickets purchased by your attendees, go to your Event Dashboard > People > Attendees tab and find the attendee in question. When you hover over their entry, a pencil icon will appear at the end of their respective row. Click on this icon, and a pop-up screen will appear.
Here, you will see the Refund button in the top right hand corner. Click Refund and a small pop-up will ask you if you are sure. Click OK and the refund will be issued.
For more information on your paid tickets and transactions, you can head to your Stripe account or checkout this article.
Selling tickets. Invoicing and Receipts
When someone purchases a ticket for your event, Hopin will send them a basic receipt for their purchase. VAT invoices, if required, should be issued and sent to your attendees separately for the time being. Information on who purchased which ticket type can be found in your Attendees report or the Export Orders report.
Add members to your Organization
More team members make organizing and running events on Hopin easier. To add team members to your organization, open the Team tab in your Organizer Dashboard.
Note: If you are on the Starter Plan, adding teammates (called organizers) will be an immediate additional charge of $99 and will include 100 extra tickets per month.
Input their email and hit Send invite. The user you sent the invitation to will see it upon logging in to their Hopin account.
Additional organizers can create and manage all your events, invite other team members, and make changes to your billing account. There are no sub-accounts or team permissions to allow single-event privileges.
Adding multiple organizations to your account
You can have multiple organizations tied to your Hopin user account. Each organization requires its own billing plan and Stripe Merchant account. You can use the same Stripe Merchant for each organization, but you will need to add it to each count individually.
Editing your organizations
You can edit the name, logo, Primary (billing) email for your Organizations at any time under the Profile section of your Organizer Dashboard.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.