If you're using Google Chrome, follow these steps to share your slides in a way that you can see both the event page on Hopin and your slides at the same time.
Note: Be sure you are sharing your audio and video before sharing your desktop.
Powerpoint for PCs
1. To start, click Reading View at the bottom left corner of your Powerpoint. It will switch your presentation to a movable box instead of it taking your whole screen.
2. Next, switch to your Hopin window and click on the Screenshare button at the bottom of your video.
Then, click Application Window and select your Powerpoint.
Powerpoint for Macs:
1. Make sure to allow the browser permissions to access the Screen Recording:
- Open the System preferences
- Navigate to Security & Privacy > Privacy
- Find Screen Recording on the left side and check the box next to the browser you are using
Once the permissions are granted, your browser will be able to choose any applications for screen sharing.
2. Open up your Powerpoint presentation and click Set Up Slide Show in the Slide Show menu.
3. Select Browsed by an individual (window) and hit OK to save.
4. Start your presentation and enter into presenter (slide show) mode.
5. Next, switch to your Hopin window and click on the Screenshare button at the bottom of your video. Then, click Application Window and select your Powerpoint.
6. After you select Powerpoint, and click Share, you're presenting!
You can make your slides as big or as small as you would like on your end, and you can keep an eye on the chat while you present.
Sharing your Powerpoint (or any other app) with sound on PCs
- Click on the Screenshare button at the bottom of your video
- Then, choose Your Entire Screen tab
- Check the Share audio box at the bottom left corner of the popup
- Click Share to start sharing
Whenever you play audio from inside of your Powerpoint the attendees will hear it. Note that this works on PCs/Windows only. For Mac users, please check our guide on Sharing audio from third-party apps.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.