You can add another person from your team to your event on Hopin to help manage and organize things by going to your Organization account.
It's very simple to add a team member to your organization. However, this may look different depending on the dashboard you have enabled. The original dashboard and the new, simplified dashboard look slightly different so choose an option from the tabs below to get started.
In the Organization Dashboard, click on your Organizer name from the banner at the top of the page. In the drop down that appears, select Manage Organization.
Select Team from the tabs in the panel on the left hand side and then click Invite team member.
In the new pop-up that appears, enter the email address of the team member you would like to add. You will also need to choose their "Org role" - select whether you want them to be a:
- Member - create new events and can be added to edit specific events by the Organizer
- Admin - can edit and create all existing and new events, and can manage the Organization
Next, click Invite.
When sending an invite, the primary Organizer on the account will receive an email notification that a new invitation has been sent, and by whom, with a link to go to the Team page of the Organization. This email can't be disabled.
Next, your new team member will need to accept the invitation via the email they receive.
The email the invitee receives should look like this:
Clicking on the Go to Hopin button will take them to the Hopin homepage. They need to login or sign up with the same email address you sent the invite to. Once the invitee accepts the invitation, you will see a new Organizer added as a team member to your Organization.
If the invitation still shows as pending, please have the invitee log into their Hopin account using the email you sent the invite. Once they are logged in, they will be met with the invitation on their home page.
What are "seats" and how do they work?
Depending on your plan, you will have a certain number of admin seats included in your subscription/contract. For example, on a Starter plan you have 1 admin seat included and will get an additional charge for every extra team member added, as indicated on our pricing page.
The cost of the seat depends on the remaining time till the end of the billing cycle, the lower the number of days before the subscription renews, the lower the price.
If the seat is removed before the end of the billing cycle, a prorated credit will automatically be applied to the Hopin account according to the number of days left till the end of the billing cycle.
If you remove a team member, the seat will remain therefore you will need to also remove the empty seat to avoid being charged for it in the next billing period.
It's also possible to remove unassigned seats with a click at any time:
- Organization admins have the same controls over the event management process. Please invite additional team members wisely.
- New team members will automatically be given an "Organizer Pass" which means that they will not need to purchase a ticket to enter an event, they will simply be able to preview the event from the Event Dashboard. For more information, check out our article on Roles & Permissions.
- The primary Organization creator can remove the invited Organizers any time by clicking 'Remove' next to their name on the Team tab.
- If the invitee has not created a Hopin account just yet, please ask them to set one up using the same email address to which the invitation was sent to.