Hopin is the world’s leading all-in-one event platform where attendees can learn, interact, and connect with people from anywhere in the world.
You can recreate (or hybridize) an in-person event experience on Hopin with our innovative tools that make events more sustainable, more accessible, and even safer.
At an event hosted on the Hopin platform, your attendees can network one-on-one, break out into group sessions, watch keynote presentations, send chat messages, vote in polls, and explore interactive expo areas. There’s even a private virtual backstage for your speakers.
How Zoom and Hopin are different
- Zoom doesn't have a reception area, schedule, user profiles, direct video calling, expo area, sponsor branding opportunities, backstage, or multi-tier chat. Hopin does.
- Zoom can't sell tickets, or automate 1:1 meetings, or have multiple concurrent broadcasts and sessions like Hopin.
- There are more modes of bringing people together on live video on Hopin, such as one-on-one matchmaking, in virtual roundtable "sessions" with ticket-level permissions, multiple stages (advanced feature in Hopin), and interactive vendor booths.
- Zoom is great for up to 50 people or so, but once a Zoom meeting gets into the hundreds, thousands, and tens of thousands of attendees, it can become difficult to manage and participate in as an event.
- Hopin is built for events from 50 people to 100,000 people. As an event venue, Hopin is built for maximum and personal interaction at scale, just like a physical convention centre, concert hall, or summit destination. Users can explore areas of an event and find the content and people they want to engage with most.
- Zoom requires other applications to provide important event components, such as event registration, scheduling, programming, analytics, marketing automation, and design. All of this is built into Hopin, integrated and seamless.
TLDR: Zoom is good for meetings, but Hopin is a live events and conference platform that you can build a business on top of.