Every person using Hopin has a role in the event or organization. Roles on Hopin are administrative and non-administrative with different levels of permissions and access.
Administrative roles apply to the entire Organization account and grant permissions across all events created under that Organization. The only user with this access is the Organization admin.
When you create a new Organization account, you automatically become the Organization admin. This is the only person who can delete the Organization account or transfer ownership to another Organizer. Plus, the Organization admin can add or remove any other team members on the Organization account. The Organization admin is also responsible for creating and managing events.
Tip: The organization admin role is typically held by decision-makers (founders, executives, heads of departments, or the IT department) who handle account administration.
Team members/Other Organizers
These are people that have been added by the admin to the organization as team members/other organizers. They can do everything the organization admin can do except transfer the ownership of the account to another organizer.
Non-administrative roles apply to a single event only, they cannot adjust event dashboard settings or Organization account settings. Once registering for any new event different non-administrative roles can be assigned by event Organizers.
These roles include:
- Invited Vendor
Attendees are all registered people who join the event from a Registration page or via a Magic link. Attendees can be assigned as Moderators by the Organization admin. Plus, attendees can become Speakers in Open Sessions or request permission to join on screen as a Speaker in Moderated Sessions or Backstage.
Note: The Organization admin is also required to register for the event with a ticket or via Magic Link to be able to preview, attend and manage the event pages.
Moderators are event attendees assigned by the Organization admin per event and control participants that can go on off-screen as Speakers during the Sessions or Expo Sessions.
Note: The Organization admin is a Moderator by default and can moderate any Session or Expo at the event.
Speakers are registered event attendees assigned by the Organization admin per event. Speakers can participate with video and audio on the Backstage, Moderated or Invite-only Sessions or on the Moderated Expo Session. Note that Speakers do not have moderator access by default. The organizer has to add the speaker as a moderator if they would like the speaker to have moderator access in each session or booth.
Note: Speakers do not have to be listed under the Speakers tab of the organizer Dashboard to access the event Backstage via the link. Any registered attendee who receives the Backstage link (typically sent by the Organization admin) can access the Backstage and request permission to Share Audio and Video.
Invited Vendor (advanced plans only)
Invited Vendors are attendees assigned by the Organization admin per Expo Booth, per event, have access to their Booth settings and become Moderators if the Expo Booth is set to the Session type.
Note: All invited vendors need to register for the event in order to access it as they do not automatically become attendees once they accept the invitation. They don't become moderators by default, they need to set themselves to be moderators while creating the booth. They also have access to create polls in their booths, hide and unhide the polls.
Permissions on Hopin
Every person hosting or attending an event on Hopin has a role and level of permissions. The list below describes what permissions are granted to each role.
Organization admin and Team members
- Manage Organization account
- Invite new and manage all existing Organizers
- Transfer ownership to Organization’s team members (Only the organization admin can do this, not the team members)
- Delete Organization account with all its data (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Add, remove, or request integrations to the Organization account
- View and manage Organization billing details
- Create new events
- Manage existing events (preview and edit the event, create and download event Reports, download event recordings, chats, attendee interactions)
- Manage event attendees across all events
- Issue a paid ticket refund for attendees
- Moderate Backstage, Session, or Expo Booth across events
- Assign Moderators to moderate Sessions or Expo Booths per event
- Speak at any event segment with video and audio on
- Assign Speakers for Backstage, moderated or invite-only Session, and Expo Session
- Create and manage Polls - both event-wide and Session or Expo specific
- Approve, reply to, and delete Q&A submissions in sessions and booths (also can approve, reply, delete Event Q&A submissions)
- Pin and unpin messages in the event
- Send chat messages
- Delete messages from the event Chats (Event, Stage, Backstage, Session, and Expo)
- Block attendees removing them from the event
- Mute attendees restricting their access to Chats in the event
- React on user Reports sent by other attendees
- Participate in an unlimited number of Hidden or Private events via link
- Participate in an unlimited number of Public events
- According to the ticket type and event settings:
- attend event segments- send Chat and Direct messages
- participate in Polls- invite to Video call in Direct messages
- mute other attendees in Direct messages
- report other attendees for inappropriate behaviour
- participate with video and audio on non-moderated Sessions or Expo Session
- request permission to participate with video and audio on the Backstage
- request permission to participate with video and audio on moderated Sessions or Expo Sessions
- Manage Speakers on a moderated Session or Expo Session
- Mute Speaker for all attendees on a moderated Session or Expo Session
- Create and manage Polls for a Moderated Session or Expo Session
- Toggle Fallback provider on the Expo Session if the fallback provider is enabled by Organization admin or Invited Vendor
- Assigned moderators for a specific session or booth are also allowed to approve, reply, and delete Q&A submissions (within that session/booth but not for Event Q&A)
- Participate with video and audio on the Backstage
- Share screen and presentations on the Backstage
- Share YouTube video or YouTube live stream on the Backstage
- Participate with video and audio on Sessions or Expo Sessions
- Share screen and presentations on Sessions or Expo Sessions
- Share YouTube video or YouTube live stream on Sessions or Expo Sessions
- Can respond to Q&As anywhere in the event but cannot delete them
Invited Vendor (advanced plans only)
- Manage Expo Booth details
- Set and toggle Fallback provider on the Expo Session
- Get Moderator roles and permissions for the Expo Session
- Get Speaker roles and permissions for the Expo Session
What is an Organizer Pass?
An organizer pass is something that allows the organizers to join an event without having to buy a ticket, as they would have to do in the past.
It is automatically applied when you add an organizer to your organization and there is nothing additional that you need to do to enable it. This does not grant team members any additional access.
Note: The main organizer of the event will not add to the registration allotment but any additional organizers will. However, they will not be shown on any attendee reports, other than the Attendees Data report that you can download on the Attendees page (Event Dashboard > People > Attendees).
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to unlock access to the Invited Vendor feature. In regards to adding team member under the Starter plan and the Growth plan, please find the guidelines here: for Starter and Growth respectively.