Organizers can now import their registrations from Hopin into a mailing list on their Mailchimp account.
Here's what you need to do to enable this workflow:
- To get started, you will need to install the Mailchimp app to your Hopin Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
You can find Mailchimp under the Marketing category, or you can follow this link to go directly to the page. Click Install app to add the Mailchimp app to your Organization.
- Click on New authentication, log in to your Mailchimp account and authorize the app.
Note: The account can show as "connected" even if not allowed access, thus the mailing list won't show at the next step.
- Click next and choose the Mailchimp mailing list that you'd like to push your registrations to.
- Click Finish and after a moment you'll receive a message that tells you the integration has been successfully completed.
- Now you can go on to test the integration. Navigate to the Events tab of your account and click on an event to get into the event dashboard.
- Use the Preview link at the top right of the event dashboard to navigate to your event registration page. Your event will need to have at least one ticket created, and will need to be published.
- If you haven't registered for your event yet, you can create your own registration here. If you have already registered for your event, you can remove your registration through the People > Attendees tab of the event dashboard and re-register for the event. The idea is to test if your data gets pushed into Mailchimp once you register for the event.
- After you've registered for the Hopin event, check your Mailchimp account and you should see that registration as a contact in your audience.
That's it! All your new registrants will now be imported into your Mailchimp account.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.