Organizers are now able to control the event experience for their attendees by managing the permissions throughout the event.
By setting up the People Area, you will automatically enable Attendee Visibility. To set this up, go to your Event Dashboard > Setup > Basics page and tick the box for "People" under the heading "Event areas".
Now, you can go to your Event Dashboard > Venue > People Area page and continue adjusting the settings for Attendee actions and visibility.
These settings include:
- Speed networking: Enable the "networking" feature to allow attendees to randomly match with each other for set periods of time
- Attendee Actions
- Attendee Visibility: turn off "hide people count" so that attendees will be able to see the number of other event participants
What are Attendee Actions?
Once you have configured the settings for the People Area, the Attendees will be able to do the following things, as long as you have enabled them using the settings shown above:
- Chat privately with attendees - find the user in the people tab and use the send message button to send a private message.
- Invite attendees to a video call - select the user and click Invite to video call.
- Schedule a video meeting.
- Report a user in case of inappropriate behaviour.
- Mute an attendee - muting a user disables the muted user from sending messages.