Which plans is the Hopin<>HubSpot integration available on?
The HubSpot integration is available on the Starter, Growth, Pro, Business and Enterprise plans.
What are the capabilities of the Hopin<>HubSpot integration?
- Push registration from Hopin to HubSpot (this does not include Magic Links)
- Pull registrations from HubSpot to Hopin, and push a magic link back to HubSpot
- Push event 'registered' and 'attended' status to HubSpot as a "Note" on a contact or onto a custom objects
- Push Custom Registration Q&As as a "Note" on a contact or onto custom objects
- Export UTM parameters onto a contact
- Export Onsite registration activity date into custom objects
What you'll need to enable the HubSpot integration
- Two custom contact properties to store the Hopin data for the following:
- Hopin's "ticket integration code"
- Hopin Magic links
- If you would like to use Custom Objects to export/import data (magic links, attendee status, custom form Q&As) you can do so but this object will need to be created before starting the installation process otherwise you may have to repeat the steps as shown below.
Here's how to get your HubSpot integration up and running!
1. To get started, you will need to install the HubSpot app to your Hopin Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
You can find HubSpot under the CRM category, or you can follow this link to go directly to the page. Click Install app to add the HubSpot app to your Organization.
2. Click on New authentication and follow the steps to login to and authorize your HubSpot account.
3. Once you've authenticated your account, click Next and proceed to the 'HubSpot contact mapping' screen.
Map HubSpot Contact fields to Hopin registration fields
4. Each Hopin field needs to be mapped to a HubSpot field, so that the data can be passed correctly in either direction. First name, last name and email should be self explanatory.
Ticket integration code - This needs to be mapped to a field in your HubSpot contact that contains Hopin's ticket 'integration code', as discussed earlier. This code is used to map the HubSpot registration to the correct ticket and event in Hopin (we'll show you where to find this code in the 'Testing the HubSpot integration' section below).
Magic link - This needs to be mapped to a field in your HubSpot where you wish Hopin's magic link to be passed into, as discussed earlier. The magic link is used as an invite link for your registrants if you pull registrations from HubSpot to Hopin; it is specific to the registrants email, the ticket and the event that they have registered for. If you wish to export the magic link for multiple events for the same please configure the field on a custom object in the next screen rather than on a contact field on the present screen here.
Once all the fields are configured click Next to finish the setup.
Export UTM parameters to your HubSpot custom object fields
If you would like to export your UTM parameters to HubSpot, you will need to map the relevant fields within HubSpot beforehand using Custom Objects. You will also need to configure the UTM parameters in your Hopin Event. If you have not done either of these steps, you can click Next to skip this step.
5. [Optional] If you wish to export UTM parameters to the Contact in HubSpot, select the HubSpot fields as shown below.
Map Hopin Registration Data to your Hubspot custom object fields
If you would like to export your Hopin Registration form fields, as well as the Hopin Magic Links, to HubSpot, you will need to map the relevant fields in HubSpot beforehand using Custom Objects. If you have not done this, you can click Next to skip this step.
6. [Optional] On the next screen, if you want to use custom objects in HubSpot to map the registration data, please choose the custom object you would like to map data to.
Once the object is selected, map your HubSpot custom object fields to Hopin's registration fields.
Once all the fields are configured click Next to finish the setup.
Export Custom Hopin Registration Q&As to Hubspot Custom Object Fields
To be able to do this, you will need to map the relevant fields in HubSpot beforehand using Custom Objects. If you have not done this, you can click Next to skip this step.
7. [Optional] On the next screen, if you also wish to export custom registrations Q&As on to the custom object record, you will need to map the HubSpot custom object fields to the questions.
Once all the required fields are configured click Next to finish the setup.
8. In the next screen, select the checkbox if you want to add the Custom Registration Q&As as "Notes" on the Contact record in Hubspot. Also, if you don't wish to add the "registered" and "attendee" status as Notes on the Contact record in Hubspot, please deselect the below checkbox.
Click Next to complete the setup of the integration.
9. Next, select the checkboxes if you would like Hopin to create a Marketing Event for each of your Hopin event and add attendee statuses to each of these Marketing Events. For more information on what this means, check out this article.
Once complete, click Next.
Export Onsite Registrant Activity Data to Hubspot Custom Object Fields.
If you would like to export your Onsite Registrant Activity Data to Custom Object fields, you will need to map the relevant fields in HubSpot beforehand using Custom Objects. If you have not done this, you can click Next to skip this step.
10. [Optional] Next, if you wish to export Onsite Registrants activity date on to the registration, please map the required parameters to the Custom Object fields and click Next.
The fields provided in the dropdown menus are based on the object that is selected on the ‘Hubspot Custom Object Configuration’ screen. Make sure you map the Hopin fields to the correct options.
Here's what they mean
Event Name: This attribute contains the Event Name and it is a required field to configure if you want the event related details.
Event Check In Time: When the Registrant first checked in to the event.
Event Check Out Time: When the Registrant checked out of the event, this will be the event end time if theyy did not check out beforehand
Session Name: The name of the schedule segment that the participant attended. [This is a required field if you would like the Session Related details]
Session Registration Time: The time the participant registered for the particular scheduled segment
Session Check In Time: The time the participant checked in to the segment
Session Check Out Time: The time the participant checked out of the segment
QR Code Data: The data of the QR code [please choose a large text data type field]
QR Code Image URL: The URL of the QR code [please choose a large text data type field]
11. Click Finish to set up the integration.
Creating a Workflow Using Custom Actions
Once a ticket integration code is known on HubSpot for a Contact, this workflow will generate the Hopin Magic Link and send it to your Custom Field that you have previously created during the installation process.
1. In HubSpot, navigate to Workflows and click on Create Workflow.
2. Choose Start from scratch and a Contact-based workflow, then click Next.
3. You'll need to set an 'enrollment trigger', i.e. an action that is the trigger for the workflow to be started.
Click Set enrollment trigger.
Choose the filter type Contact properties from the list provided, and then search for and select the field that contains the Hopin 'integration code' as discussed earlier.
Choose to trigger the workflow when the Contact 'is known', then click Apply filter and Save.
4. Now click the '+' button and search for "send webhook to tray" custom action. From the available actions, select this entry and click on Save.
This will then be displayed on your workflow.
5. Click the Review and Publish button in the top right hand corner.
Supporting Multiple Events
If you want to use the same contact for more than one event or to support multiple events, you will need to follow a few more steps.
1. Click on Edit on the right hand side of the "Re-enrollment" panel.
2. Select the checkboxes as below, so that every time you update the ticket integration code for different events on the same contact, the workflow is triggered and a magic link is created for them.
In turn, the information will be updated back to your contact or custom object, based on the configuration.
Click Save and turn on the workflow.
Testing the HubSpot integration with Hopin Registrations
Now we can do some testing of the integration.
1. Register for the event in the registration page (if you have already registered with your account, you can de-register yourself in the 'Attendees' page).
2. Navigate to your HubSpot account and view your contacts, you should see the registrations.
3. If you have selected the option to add "Register and Attendee status" and "Custom registration Q&A" to your Notes in HubSpot (as shown Step 7 in the installation process) you will see the details here in the Contact entry.
4. If you have configured custom objects then on the same contact you can see the related records as attached below which holds all the registration information as configured. You can click on the related list to view them.
5. For a multi event scenario, for example if the same person attends another event, we will create another custom object record with the new event details and attach it to the same contact.
6. If you have configured the mapping for onsite data as mentioned in the steps above, once the person attends or registers for onsite event we will create custom object record with the event details and attach it to the same contact.
Thereafter, for each session they attend, we will create a new object record with the session details and attach it to the same contact.
With Event and QR details in one record:
And Session details in another record:
7. Also if you have configured the mapping for UTM parameters you will also be able to see the parameters here, too.
Testing the HubSpot Integration with HubSpot Registrations
With the Custom Action WorkFlow we have set up previously, once the Ticket Integrations Code is known in HubSpot, this will automatically generate a Magic Link for the Contact. The easiest way to test this is working correctly is by following these steps:
1. Create a new Contact in HubSpot, or by add a ticket integration code to an existing Contact. The contact must have a first name, last name, email and Hopin ticket 'integration code' to be pulled into Hopin correctly.
2. Add this integration code to the field that you have created in your HubSpot Contact, then create the Contact.
3. Navigate to your Event Dashboard > People > Magic Link Invites page in the left-hand menu of your event, and select the Manage Invitations tab at the top. You should see the Contact that you created in the invite list.
4. Then check the magic link field on your Contact in HubSpot to ensure the magic link has been pushed correctly.
5. If you have configured a magic link field on a custom object that is not on a contact, then on the same contact you can see the related custom object records as attached below which holds the magic link information. You can click on the related list to view them.