If you are having video and audio issues in Windows 10, find below a few in-depth troubleshooting guides to help make sure everything is set up correctly for your device as well as testing things are working properly.
Fix sound issues
If you’re having audio problems, the following guide might help. The tips are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that helps, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t. There are quite a few steps, if you know exactly what you are looking for go ahead and skip to that step accordingly. Otherwise, simply follow the order. It contains info on how to:
- Check your speaker's output
- Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter
- Check for Windows Software Updates
- Check your cables, plugs, jacks, volume, speaker, and headphone connections
- Check sound settings
- Fix audio drivers
- Set your audio device as the default device
- Turn off audio enhancements
- Restart audio services
- Try different audio formats
- And more
It is available on the Microsoft Support site here: Fix sound problems in Windows 10.
Fix microphone issues
If you are having trouble with your microphone features, the following guide can help you troubleshoot and resolve issues. It contains info on how to:
- Make sure apps have access to the microphone
- Make sure others can hear you
- Troubleshoot the microphone volume
It is available on the Microsoft Support site here: Fix microphone problems.
Fix Camera issues
When your camera isn't working in Windows 10, it might be missing drivers after a recent update. It's also possible that your anti-virus program is blocking the camera, your privacy settings don't allow camera access for some apps, or there's a problem with the app or website you want to use. The following guide will help you troubleshoot your camera, it even has a one-click button to test your camera functionality. It contains info on how to:
- Test your camera with a one-click button
- Check software updates for your device
- Give your apps permissions for the camera with a one-click button
- Check your antivirus software
- Check your camera drivers
It is available on the Microsoft Support site here: Camera doesn't work in Windows 10.
You can also find further help in our guide here: I'm having Camera and/or Microphone issues on Windows 10.
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.