Before setting up tickets for your event, you will need to create global settings for the registrations of the event.
To do that, go to the Event Dashboard > Registrations > Advanced settings.
Fill in the following fields:
Max Registrations: Maximum number of registrations the event as a whole will accept. If the max registrations count has been reached and registrants try to purchase more tickets, they will either be directed to a waitlist (if the organizer sets up one) or will see a message indicating that the event has been sold out and will be unable to purchase tickets. The Registration Limit field is optional but strongly encouraged. If you leave this blank, it will default to the number of registrations your plan permits.Note: By default, a new event will be created with a Free ticket with 100 available registrations. This will override the max registrations number in the Details page. Be sure to update this limit in your Ticket settings as well to avoid your registration closing prematurely.
Registration Close Date/Registration Close Time: The exact date/time that registrations will close for an event, after which no new registrations will be accepted. This close date/time will follow the timezone convention set for the event overall.
Registration Close Message: The message that will display in the Registration ticket modal if the registration has been closed or if all tickets have been sold out.
- Max Tickets per order: The maximum number of tickets that can be purchased by each attendee. This is beneficial for group ticket purchases.
Note: If you leave this field empty, the attendee will be able to purchase one ticket only. To enable group ticket purchases you need to set up a limit here.
- Currency: If you are creating paid tickets, select the currency that you would like them to be sold in. If you are only creating free tickets then you don't need to worry about this setting.
How to enable a Waitlist for the event
To enable a waitlist for the event, toggle on Enable Waitlist.
Doing that will bring up the following fields:
- Max attendees in waitlist: Max number of waitlist spots for the event as a whole.
- Waitlist Close Date/Waitlist Close Time: The exact date/time that waitlists will close for an event, after which no new waitlists will be accepted. This close date/time will follow the timezone convention set for the event.
- Successful/Unsuccessful registration from waitlist message: The Organizer can choose to customize the message to be sent to (1) Waitlisted registrants who get the chance to purchase a ticket (2) Waitlisted registrants who don't get the chance to purchase a ticket
Who is on the Waitlist?
You can go to Event Dashboard > People > Registrants to see who has signed up for the Waitlist of your event. Select the Waitlist tab to display more details.
Currently, you can see the name, email address, ticket type requested, and date of attempted registration of the people on your waitlist.
How to contact people on the Waitlist
You will need to use the email addresses provided to contact anyone on your event's Waitlist.
Search using the bar at the top of the page or filter using the drop down menus to find specific users.
You can use the Magic Link function (Advanced plans only), to send out invites by inputting their email address in individually. You can also upload them to the registrant page using our bulk upload feature.
What is Widget Authentication?
When Widget Authentication is disabled, logging into the existing user account isn’t possible and attendees can only checkout as guests. However, if there’s a single public ticket, any user already logged into their account will be taken straight into the event.
When Widget Authentication is enabled, attendees can either log into their account or create a new account.