The Registration Form tab of the new registration suite allows organizers to create required and optional registration questions that fall outside of the transactional process of selecting/purchasing a ticket.
For example, an organizer may want additional information about an attendee's profession or affiliation to the organizer or any other info before they complete the registration process. The Form Builder allows organizers a way to flexibly ask any question(s) they want to ask from an event registrant. This is how it will look when an Attendee registers for your event:
Organizers can choose not to create a registration form and simply allow their attendees to select/pay for a ticket and then directly enter the event once it opens.
Creating your registration form
Follow these tutorials on how to create your registration form.
1. To create custom registration form, go to the Event Dashboard > Registration > Registration Form.
2. All attendee's first name, last name, and email will be collected by default for all ticket types.
Note: This can't be disabled.
3. Select question types from the right to add them.
4. If you want to ask different questions to different ticket types holders, you can decide who gets which questions from a single list of questions you're building.
5. Tick the boxes next to tickets you want to get a specific question.
6. Once you're happy with your question, save. Add more questions if you want to.
7. That's it. You're done.
Here's an interactive tutorial
** Best experienced in Full Screen (click the icon in the top right corner before you begin) **
Go to the Event Dashboard > Registrations > Registration Form and you will see the three required questions (First name, Last name, and email). Your attendees will always be asked to fill out these fields when registering for an event, therefore they cannot be removed or edited.
On the right hand side, you will notice a panel listing the different question types that you can choose from, including:
- Single Line Text.
- Paragraph Text.
- Multi Select: Attendees can select multiple choices.
- Single Select: Attendees can only select one choice.
- Conditional: Organizers can create if-then logic questions based upon the answer that an attendee gives. If the attendee gives certain answers, he or she may see another question surface depending upon the initial answer given. Note that only one option can be conditional - not both. This option is not available on the Free plan.
Select which question type you would like to add, and begin building your registration form.
When you select a question type, it will be added underneath your existing questions. Therefore, if you have already added some questions, you may have to scroll to the bottom to find your newest one.
Fill in the required fields for your chosen question and click Save.
Click Add answer to add additional options, or Delete to remove them. You can also select which ticket types have to answer each question by selecting them from the dropdown menu under "Ticket types".
Also, the answers for each question can be set as the default answer to any question (pre-populated for the attendee, but the attendee can change these pre-populated answers).
How to retrieve the information filled out on the form
To find the information filled out by your attendees on the registration form, go to the Event Dashboard > Analytics > Reports and look for the Attendees report. Hover over it and click Generate.
Hover over the Attendees panel a second time and it will now show a Download button. Click Download to save the report to your computer.
When you open the report, it should look something like this:
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.