Managing an event with multiple event areas? Organizers can now send announcements to all attendees during an event by using the announcement feature within the event. This will be shown on the attendees' screens as a notification.
Examples of use cases for this feature are:
- Update about an upcoming session
- Inform about an important expo
- Help promote a particular stage
- Announce competition winners
To make an announcement:
- Click on the announcement button at the top right of the event page.
- Type your message in the box provided
- Preview your message by clicking the Next: preview button
- Once your message is good to go, click Share announcement.
- The message will then be displayed at the top center area of the screen for all attendees
FAQs about announcements
Q: Is it possible to schedule announcements?
A: Not at this time.
Q: Is it possible to segment the announcements (e.g. by ticket type)?
A: Not at this time.
Q. Will attendees using Hopin on a mobile see the announcements?
A: Unfortunately the announcements do not currently work on the Mobile App. However, anyone using Hopin on a mobile web browser, such as Safari or Chrome, will see the announcements.
Q: Can I share emojis, images, or GIFs?
A: Only emojis can be shared at this time.
Q: What's the character limit?
A: 250 characters.
Q: How long does the notification stay there?
A: Until it's closed by the attendee or until a second announcement is made by the organizer.
Q: What happens to a first announcement if I have a second one?
A: The first one will be replaced. This means that attendees will only see the most recent announcement.
Q: What happens if attendees arrive late to the event, which announcements will they see?
A: If no new announcements were made after an early one, organizers should keep that in mind as it could be confusing to attendees. For example an announcement such as: "Hey everyone, event is starting now!" 2 hours in the event may sound confusing to late attendees. We recommend sending out updates if and when required.