Note: You'll need to have a Validar account before you can set up the Validar integration. Please use the Get started button on this website to request a quote from Validar as a Hopin organizer.
What plans is the Validar integration available on?
Validar is available to Hopin's Business and Enterprise plans. There is an additional cost to using the Validar integration that depends on a variety of event-specific factors.
What are the capabilities of vSpace by Validar?
vSpace is a leaderboard and analytics tool for virtual and hybrid events, which allows you to gamify your events and retrieve detailed attendee-level engagement data which can be embedded into your event marketing and sponsorship strategy.
What functionality is included in the different Validar plans?
How do I set up the Validar integration?
Validar's vSpace product has three components, some or all of which you may choose to use:
- EventHub: An evaluation tool that can be embedded in any area of the event and that serves attendees surveys based on their behavior in the event.
- vCapture: A lead capture tool that can be embedded in an expo booth to drive lead generation for sponsors.
- Leaderboard: An engagement tool that incentivizes attendees to take organizer-defined actions within the event to score points and win rewards.
vCapture and Leaderboard will have their own URLs that need to be configured in all relevant event areas. EventHub is also configured in any relevant event areas but does not require a URL as Hopin receives that data from Validar. The setup works as follows:
- Install the Validar integration: Login to your Hopin account, navigate to the relevant organization in the left-hand menu of your dashboard, and select the 'Integrations' tab:
Scroll to the 'Validar' integration and click on it, which will take you to the Validar integration page. There you can choose to install the Validar integration:
Once you've completed installation, you're ready to start configuring Validar.
- EventHub: You don't need a link to set up EventHub, simply navigate to the stage, session, or expo where you'd like to apply EventHub. Navigate to the Integrations section of the page, name the tab and choose 'EventHub' from the dropdown (do not enter anything in the Validar URL field).
You're finished with EventHub for this area once you've saved the page. Validar will let you know when they have set up EventHub for your event and only at that point will it be ready to be previewed.
- vCapture: vCapture is a lead capture form that is applied to expo booths and requires a specific link. Once you have received the link(s) from Validar, you can navigate to the relevant expo booth(s), find the Integrations section, name the tab, choose 'vCapture' from the dropdown, and enter the correct URL:
Once you save the page you'll be able to preview the vCapture form in your expo booth immediately by using the 'Preview event' button on the top righthand corner of the page.
- Leaderboard: The Leaderboard requires a specific link and can be embedded in any stage, session, or expo booth, or linked to from the custom area of the event (Hopin Enterprise plans only). Once you have received the link from Validar, you can navigate to the relevant event area and apply the Leaderboard URL (in this case the custom event area was used):
Once you save the page you'll be able to preview the leaderboard immediately:
How do I turn off the Validar integration?
You can turn the Validar integration off by removing the link in the relevant area and by saving that change in the page, or by disabling the Validar integration from the 'Integrations' tab of your organization's homepage.
How much does Validar cost?
Validar's pricing usually starts at $3,500 per event, although the exact pricing is often determined by the duration and scale of your event. You can easily get request a quote via this order form.
How can I find out more about Validar's vSpace and Orbit offering?
Please find attached a detailed slide deck presentation as well as the pricing overview for both vSpace and Orbit:
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can Validar be used to track continuous education credits?
A: Yes, Validar's vSpace leaderboard tool can be used to track and display continuous education credits based on session attendance. You can find a detailed overview of this functionality in the slide deck below:
Q: Can the leaderboard be turned off during the event?
A: Yes, the leaderboard can be turned off during the event simply by removing the link in the relevant event area. However, be aware that this will also pause the leaderboard tracking.
Q: Can team scores be tracked on the leaderboard instead of individuals?
A: No, at this moment Validar only allows for individuals to earn points on the leaderboard and receive rewards.
How to get started with a Validar account?
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.