At Hopin, we’ve built our own registration system so you don’t have to worry about using another platform to collect, track, manage, and accept payments for your attendees.
However, it’s totally possible to use a separate registration system for your online event on Hopin using our Magic Link one-click event access solution on our Advanced plans together with our third-party registration systems integrations (including Marketo, Hubspot, and Salesforce).
There are two ways to build a registration page for your events: Hopin Classic and Hopin Canvas.
The Hopin Classic registration style looks something like this:
While the Hopin Canvas style is a much more customizable landing page for your event:
In this article, we will be going over how to create your registration page using the Hopin Classic registration style.
Go to the Event Dashboard > Registration > Event Landing page. Hopin Classic is selected by default. Select it once again if need and click Edit.
In the About box, input a description of the event and any other details you'd like to include. You have options to customize the text font and color, as well as add a hyperlink and media files. See more in our guide Understanding Customizable Content Area and Additional Information.
If you have sponsors for your event and you’d like to display them on your registration page, you can add them in the sponsor section. Sponsor logos can be tiered into three levels of sponsorships: gold, silver and bronze (all plans) or add additional tiers and rename them (Advanced plans only).
To add a sponsor, click on the + icon in the corresponding tier. Here you can assign one of your existing sponsors and create a new one.
How do I find the link of my registration page?
You can find your registration page link on the Overview page of the Event Dashboard.
I want to add my organization's contact info on the registration page
If you'd like to add a website, email, and social media contacts to your registration page, make sure they are also added to your organization's profile page. Make sure to fill in:
- Organization email
Once the above details are filled in, they will appear on the registration page under the Hosted by section.
Other things to note
- If you add a schedule to your event, the schedule will show up on the registration page. Any added booths and speakers will also be displayed here.
- You can change the default image displayed on the registration page through the basics tab of the event dashboard. Learn more in How to add or change an event image.
- If you’d like to customize your event’s description text on social media shares and search engines results, use How to change event URL and sharing snippet to do that. If you don’t input custom text, a generic Hopin description will appear by default.
- Hopin only collects First Name, Last Name and Email Address from attendees when they register for a ticket to an event. To add more fields to the registration page, see How to create a registration form.
- Your registration page will not be accessible to your attendees until you publish your event.