If you see the CORS error on the main stage of an event, there could be several reasons why you are seeing it. Please follow this guide to troubleshoot this issue so you can enjoy the event again in no time.
The CORS error usually brings up a message that says, "Could not load the manifest file. Make sure the source is set correctly and that CORS support is enabled."
If you are experiencing this problem then there are several things to consider.
Reload your tab
First, reload the tab! Although simple, this could be all your browser needs to be able to get you watching the stage.
Which country are you viewing from?
Depending on the country that you are using Hopin in, you may be affected by some firewalls or filters that are enforced by the internet service providers.
North Korea, China, Russia, Iran, UAE, are some of the countries with the highest online censorship in the world, however, many others have country-wide firewalls and internet filters that could affect the experience during a Hopin event.
You can find out more about using Hopin in different countries in this guide.
Are you using WiFi at your workplace?
If you are using WiFi within your workplace, then there may be restrictions in place for additional security. If this is the case, you may need to speak with your IT department or network administrator about whitelisting several websites and opening certain ports.
A full list of these requirements can be found in the Network Connectivity Settings guide.
Personal device settings
Here are some settings on your computer you should consider, and some other tricks you can try:
- Whether or not you have a personal firewall, VPN, or proxy setup. If so, try turning them off temporarily
- Try connecting via a mobile phone or a hotspot
- Which browser are you using (e.g. Chrome, Firefox)? Is the version up to date? Try using a different browser if one is not working for you
- Try opening Hopin in an incognito window
- Are you using any extensions? Different extensions may be blocking some platform functionality
- Is your operating system up to date and supported by Hopin?
If you are unsure, or it is still not working, then you can check out our guide on completing a pre-event check.