What are the capabilities of the Pardot<>Hopin integration?
With the Pardot integration you will be able to import all registrations from Pardot → Hopin.
Which plans are the Hopin<>Pardot integration currently available on?
The Pardot integration is available on Hopin's Business and Enterprise plans.
To set-up the integration you will need:
- At least version 4 of the Pardot API
- Pardot and Salesforce connected environment (a Salesforce Campaign connected to the Pardot Campaign)
- Pardot Business Unit ID. You can find your Pardot Business Unit ID in Salesforce under Setup > Pardot Account Setup. Your Pardot Business Unit ID begins with "0Uv" and is 18 characters long
- Pardot authentication Details
- A custom field on Prospect object in Pardot where the integration will store the Magic Link
- Salesforce Authentication Details (The user should have access to the Campaign object)
- A field on campaign object in Salesforce where you will configure the Hopin ticket 'integration code'.
As part of this integration we will use both Salesforce and Pardot platforms. The Salesforce platform is used to store the event details on the Campaign object. In Pardot we create Prospects to the same campaign and populate Magic links on the Prospect object.
Here's what you'll need to do to enable this workflow:
To get started, you will need to install the Pardot app to your Hopin Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
You can find Pardot under the Marketing category, or you can follow this link to go directly to the page. Click Install app to add the Pardot app to your Organization.
Login to Pardot by providing the Pardot environment details together with the the Pardot Business Unit ID and click on Create. You can find your Pardot Business Unit ID in Salesforce under Setup > Pardot Account Setup. Your Pardot Business Unit ID begins with "0Uv" and is 18 characters long. Once authentication is done click Create.
- Provide the salesforce authentication details and once authenticated click Create.
Importing registrations from Pardot to Hopin
If you wish to import registrations from Pardot, you'll need to have Hopin's ticket 'integration code' populated in a field on a Salesforce Campaign object. This code allows us to correctly map your Pardot registrations (prospects) with the corresponding campaign to the correct Hopin event and ticket.
We'll explain later on where to find Hopin's ticket integration code. In the example below, we have added a ticket integration code field to the Campaign object in Salesforce.
Return to the 'Import registrations' screen and choose the Salesforce object that contains "Hopin Integration Code", select that field and then click Next.
In Pardot we need to create a custom field on the Prospect object to store the magic link. In the example below, we have configured a custom field as Hopin Magic Link on the Prospect object.
Click Finish and you'll receive a confirmation message that everything has been set up correctly.
Testing the integration
Now we can test the integration. You'll need to have a Hopin event set up with at least one ticket created. In that event, navigate to Event Dashboard > Registration > Tickets, and copy the ticket URL by clicking the small square icon next to the ticket name.
- Paste it anywhere and copy the 'code' parameter from the end of the URL. For example, in the image below, the code is the highlighted portion after the = symbol.
Go to Salesforce and create a new ticket under your Campaign object. Add the 'Integration Code' you just copied to the field that you created for the ticket integration code:
In Pardot, if you are creating registrations through forms: create a new form and use the same Salesforce campaign as above. If you already have the form created, please update the campaign so that registrations will be created for the correct event. Create a new 'registration' through the form (at the backend it will create a Prospect which is linked to the above campaign).
- If you are directly creating registrations as prospects, create a prospect that it is linked to above campaign.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes. Navigate back to your Hopin account, and the registration should be imported into the 'Magic Link Invites' page (Event Dashboard > People > Magic Link Invites).
- Return to Pardot, and the magic link field that you created on your Prospect object should be populated with the magic link:
- The install and configuration are now complete and ready to go!
How often does the Pardot<>Hopin integration sync?
The Pardot integration syncs data every minute.
Will I be able to export registrations and attendance status from Hopin into Pardot?
In order to correctly map participants who join multiple events you will need to be on a Pardot Plan that gives you access to Custom Objects. This feature is not available in the app yet, but will be soon.
Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com in case you have questions or need assistance.