What are the capabilities of the Hopin<>Splash integration?
The Splash app can push (import) registrations from Splash to Hopin as well as add Hopin magic links to Splash.
Which plans are the Hopin<>Splash integration currently available on?
The Splash app is available on Hopin's Business and Enterprise plans.
What data is being synced between Hopin<>Splash
We are currently sending First Name, Last Name, Email from Splash to Hopin. We are actively working towards syncing the whole Registration Object (headline, website, custom form questions).
How often does the Splash<>Hopin integration sync?
The Splash integration syncs data every two minutes.
As this is not a real-time sync, you will need to send an additional email to your attendees that includes the Magic Link to your event. This can be configured through Splash or directly in your Hopin Event Dashboard.
Setting up Splash
To set-up the app you will need:
- Your Splash authentication details (username, password, client ID and client secret)
- A Splash field created on the Event object to store the Integration Code (Hopin Ticket ID).
- A Splash field created on the Event object to store the Hopin Magic Link.
Setting up the required fields in Splash
To import registrations from Splash, you'll need to create two custom fields on the Splash form: one for the Hopin Integration Code (Hopin Ticket Code) and another for the Magic Link.
- In Splash, select the event which will be used for registration.
- Once selected, on the next screen click on Registration Form.
- On the 'Registration Form' screen click on Add Question.
- Click to the Create new tab and select Hidden Input (this in done in order to not show the ticket code to participants), and click on Add to Form.
- Set the label as 'Integration Code' or any other name according to your choice and click on the Save button.
- Repeat the same steps from 3-5 to create another field to store the Magic Link. Once this is done the form should will look like in this image below:
Importing registrations from Splash to Hopin
Here's what you'll need to do to enable this workflow:
- To get started, you will need to install the Splash app to your Hopin Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
- You can find Splash by following this link to go directly to the installation page. Click Install app to add the Splash app to your Organization.
- A window will pop up and ask you to create a new Splash authentication. To authorise your Splash integration, you'll need your Splash username, password, client ID and client secret.
- Once you've authenticated your Splash instance, click Next.
- On the next screen choose the Integration code field that you created for storing the Hopin Integration code (ticket ID).
- Choose the Magic Link field that you created for storing the Hopin Magic Link.
- Choose which Splash contacts status should be imported from Splash to Hopin.
- Click on the Finish button and you will get a message stating that the installation was successful.
Testing the Splash integration
Let's test our import registrations setup:
You'll need to make sure the correct Ticket Integration Code is being used when a registration is created. Hopin's Ticket Integration Code can be found by selecting an event, and navigating to Registration > Tickets in your event dashboard. You'll need to copy the ticket URL by clicking on the small icon next to the ticket name. Paste it anywhere, and copy the 'code' portion as in the second image below:
- In Splash, make sure that when a registration is added to an event using the registration form, the 'Ticket Integration Code' is added to the field that you created for this purpose. In this example, we'll use the 'Ticket Integration Code' as a hidden field on the Registration Form of an event, and populate the default value with the code copied above from Hopin.
- Save the form when you're done.
- Let's test creating a registration through this Splash form:
If you look at the person in your guest list, you should see that the Hopin Ticket Integration Code has been added to the correct field. After a maximum of two minutes, if everything has been set up correctly, the Magic Link field will be been populated by Hopin for the guest.
- You can then go to your Event Dashboard > People > Magic Links page in your Hopin event to confirm that the person has been added there as well:
Congratulations, you've successfully set up registration imports!
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.