What are the capabilities of the Hopin<>Eloqua integration?
Import registrations from Eloqua→ Hopin, and pushing magic links back to Eloqua.
Which plans is the Hopin<>Eloqua integration currently available on?
The Eloqua integration is available to Hopin advanced plans.
How often does the Hopin<>Eloqua integration sync?
The integration syncs every minute.
How to set up the Eloqua app with Hopin
There are three key parts to setting up the Eloqua Integration:
- Setting up a form in Eloqua
- Using the above form in the events in Eloqua
- Configuring the app in Hopin
Guide for setup in Eloqua
To import registrations from Eloqua we will be using Events and their registrations. You can directly create the registrations for each event through a .csv file, create it manually, or create them while submission of form.
a. If you want to use forms
1. Login to your Eloqua account. On the top panel, click on the home icon and select Forms from the drop down menu.
2. Click on Create a Form, or use an existing form.
- The form will need to have the fields to capture First Name, Last name, and Email. Create a hidden field for storing the Hopin Magic Link (the event invite for the participant)
- The form will also need to have a field that contains the Hopin Ticket Integration Code(s)
- If you only have a single ticket for your event, you can add this as a hidden field in the form that pushes the Ticket Integration Code to the field you have chosen to hold this value
- If you have multiple ticket types, you can have a form element type “Single picklist” that holds the Integration Codes as stored values
- These fields will push the stored values to your Ticket Integration Code field when the form is submitted by a participant
- If you want to capture more information through your form you can create more fields as required
3. Once the form is created, navigate to the "Events" tab in Eloqua. For each Hopin event you can create a new event or use an existing event.
4. Once the event has been created/selected, find the "Event Details" section and click Edit on the right hand side. Create a new header field named Hopin Event - this will help us identify that event as Hopin’s event and we can import the registrations and create magic links for it.
5. Once the header field is created, click Edit on the right hand side of the "Registration Info" section.
6. Click Link New Form and select the form which was created above and select the options as shown in the screenshot below. Click on Save and Close when you're finished.
7. Then click on Edit Link.
8. On the next window you can choose the form field that can be mapped to the event field. If there are no fields click on Create field. Once done click on Save and Close.
b. If you want to directly create the registrations through Excel file or manually in Eloqua
1. Navigate to the Events tab in Eloqua. For each Hopin event you can create a new event or use an existing event.
2. Once the event has been created/selected, click Edit on the "Event Details" section and create a new header field with the name ‘Hopin Event’, this will help us in identifying that event as Hopin’s event and we can import registrations from this event and create magic links for them.
3. Once the header field is created, click Edit on the "Registration Info" section. Create Custom fields to capture the First Name, Last name, Email, Hopin Ticket Id and a field to update the Magic Link.
Guide for setup in Hopin
1. To get started, you will need to install the Eloqua app to your Hopin Organization. You can access the app store by going to your Organization Dashboard and heading to the Apps tab. Then click on Discover More on App Store.
2. You can follow this link to go directly to the page. Click Install app to add the Eloqua app to your Organization.
3. Click on New authentication and fill in the details for your Eloqua account:
- Site name - It is the name of your Eloqua Company. For example: "EloquaSandbox"
- Base URL - The base or root URL of your Eloqua account. For example: https://secure.p01eloqua.com/, it should not end with "a/"
Once provided click on Create, and after you've authenticated your account, click Next.
4. On the next screen we’ll map the Eloqua fields to the Hopin fields. Type in the field name as it exists in Eloqua and click Set to that field name as shown below.
Note: These fields need to match exactly the custom field names that you have created either through form, or directly by editing the registration details section on the event.
Once configured click Next to proceed.
5. On the next screen you can map the field names where the Hopin Ticket Id can be found and on which custom field the Magic Link needs to be populated. If you want us to import more fields (like an attendee's headline), you can click Add a new mapping.
6. Once completed, click Finish and you should see the popup below stating that the app has been installed successfully.
Testing the Eloqua Integration
1. You'll need to make sure the correct Ticket Integration Code is being used when a registration is created. Hopin's Ticket Integration Code can be found by selecting an event, and navigating to Registration > Tickets in your event dashboard. You'll need to copy the ticket URL, paste it anywhere, and copy the 'code' portion as in the second image below.
2. You'll now need to make sure that when a person is added to your Event, the Ticket Integration Code is added to the field that you have created for that purpose. In this example, we'll use the Ticket Integration Code as a single picklist option in a Eloqua form:
3. When you're done, save the form, click on Actions and select View Form HTML as below. Copy the code and embed it somewhere in an editor and create a registration through form.
4. Complete the form, and verify that the registration has been added to your event in Eloqua.
5. You can also create registrations manually at the event by providing the details like below.
6. If you look at the registration at the Event level, you should see that the Hopin Ticket Integration Code has been added to the correct field, and that (if everything has been set up correctly) the Magic Link field has also been populated by Hopin.
7. You can then go to your Event Dashboard > People > Magic Link Invites page in your Hopin event to confirm that the person has been added there as well.
Congrats, you've successfully set up registration imports!
Feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have questions or need assistance.